It was a year ago today – on the 7th September 2011 that I started blusherandblogging.com.
My sister helped me with everything – I would never have managed to set it up without help from her.
I was leaving for what became one of the best trips of my life on the following day. And I wanted to write while I was gone. I was lucky enough to go to Thailand, to Australia, to New Zealand to the rugby world cup, and to America, before coming home again.
The blog grew and grew with every day that passed, and I can hardly express my gratitude to everyone who reads it, and everyone who supports me and gives me such wonderful feedback – people I know, people I don’t know, and people that I feel I know. 130 blogs this year, and over 200,000 hits in the first year – I really did start it as a hobby.
Here are the most popular blogs from the year – a couple wouldn’t be the ones that I would pick as my personal favourites – the Veet one for example. A wonderful product but more mainstream than a discovery – I guess people just wanted to see if there was a quick and easy hair removal system – for the summer that never really came – for us in the UK anyway.
The Top Blogs
1) Sweet Lemongrass Massage – Phuket
2) Veet EasyWax (unthinkably easy) Good weather = Bare skin
3) Fake Tans – The good, the bad, and the scary
4) Clarisonic Mia vs Rio Sonicleanse
5) Actress Amy Huberman Top 5 Beauty Products (the most hits that I had on a blog in one day)
6) Sleep and Stress – Tips, products, and pressure points (my personal favourite blog)
7) 100% Pure Argan Oil – 10% off
8) St Tropez Skin Illuminators Violet/Rose/Gold
9) Better Hair – Big Hair, Curl, Tong, Volumise, Blow
10) Silkskin 100% Natural Silk Pillowcase – Anti Ageing
My top products
These are some of my favourite things that I have discovered this year – so none of my old favourites like my beloved Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel (that I find myself mentioning anyway!)
1) Clarisonic Mia £120.00
2) Eve Taylor Massage Candle £12.59
Use the code ‘blusher‘ at checkout for a 10% discount.
Click here for my blog on these amazing candles that moisturise and relax.
3) Palmers Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze £5.09
Free worldwide delivery. Click here for my blog on this. This has easily become my favourite daily tanner.
4) Urban Decay Naked Palette £36.00
Free worldwide delivery – all the eyeshadows one could ever need! Click here for my blog on this
5) Artdeco – Dita Von Teese Gel Eyeliner £19.50
Use the code ‘blusher‘ at checkout for a 10% discount. I have fallen deeply in love with this eyeliner – and its brush – which is £9.50. The discount code is applicable to both.
6) 100% Pure Argan Oil £19.95
10% reduction when you follow the link above – the product becomes £17.95. So many products have Argan Oil in them, but to use it in it’s 100% undiluted form is where real benefits are seen from it. Click here for my Argan blog.
7) Elemis – Quiet Mind Temple Balm £14.00
Free worldwide delivery. This little bottle travels everywhere with me – everywhere that I will need to sleep anyway!
8) Terre d’Oc – Milky Make Up Remover Oil £19.50
For 10% discount enter the code ‘blusher’ at checkout. For my blog on this cleanser – and in-fact their anti-pollution foundation -click here
9) MAC ‘Morange’ Lipstick £13.50
I think it would have been impossible for me to rave about this lipstick any more than I have. It’s a glorious outrageous orange. Click here for my Morange blog.
10) Daniel Sandler Invisible Radiance Foundation £28.00
The most incredible concealer comes in the lid, so it is very much an all over skin wonder product. For my blog on it and all of the available shades click here
I bought, along with one for myself this week, a Lush Massage Bar to send to someone.
Please leave a comment below if you would like to try one – and I will send it to someone.
As I always want to send to everyone and can’t possibly chose, I will ask my sister to help me, or I will do it randomly.
I bought their ‘Hottie’ bar to send, and for myself too. My ‘Therapy’ bar from Lush – that I rub into my hands and feet, arms and legs every night, has run out. I hope I like their ‘Hottie’ version as much. To read about it http://www.lush.co.uk/massagehottie