I am lucky enough to know Ben Skervin through a friend of mine. He is a top fashion and celebrity hair stylist, now based in NYC.
Aside from working with some of the highest profile heads of hair, Ben also works for Vogue, Harper’s Baazar and i-D Magazine to name but a few.
Click his blog link at the end of this article, and see some of his latest work – Rosie Huntington-Whitely for Harpers as above – and his many hair tips.
1) Oribe Royal Blowout 175ml £41.00 – Heat styling spray. Great for shine and lovely looking locks when used for blow drying.
2) Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray 300ml £38.00 – This stuff I cannot live without, it gives any hair style that sexy dry fluffy texture we all want!!!!! If things need some volume and you want the Bardot feeling you need this in your life. I use it on dry hair spray at the roots to finish off any look.
3) Bumble and Bumble Thickening Spray 237ml £20.50 – This is amazing, if you have fine to medium hair it helps add body and guts to limp hair. A great tips is when I use glue in extensions this spray is a great way to remove them spray on the glue let sit for a min and they slide right out!!!!!
4) Mason Pearson hair brushes – I use mine all the time. Its great for brushing out sets also just for brushing straight hair it works on all types of hair!!!!!
5) My quick fix tip is heated rollers if your stuck for time and want to add some volume and finish to you hair pop 6 to 8 medium size heated roller in your hair let cool down while doing your make up. When cold take out and run a brush or fingers through your hair and there you go instant glamour!!!!
I wrote back in September a more detailed review of Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray – which I too am crazy about – so for a more detailed account here is the link blusherandblogging/oribe
Ben’s own blog – http://benskervin.blogspot.com/
Direct Links –
Oribe Products – http://www.spacenk.co.uk/category/shop+by+brand/oribe
Bumble & Bumble – http://www.bumbleandbumble.co.uk/thickening
Mason Pearson Hairbrushes – http://www.amazon.co.uk or http://www.garden.co.uk