What’s By My Bed? Video Blog

I think I have remembered to find the best links to at least most of the things that I have mentioned in the bedside video blog. If I have missed anything, please feel free to let me know!

Shea Butter

This will only let me link to the products page, rather than to the specific product that I mentioned. It clearly isn’t a huge company, that Kat bought my pure unrefined Shea Butter from – which makes me like it even more! Look to the bottom of the page – it comes in four sizes – with prices ranging from £6.00 to £21.50 http://www.sheageniius.com/shea

Water Bobble – £10.00 for the standard 550ml size

I did a full blog on this amazing product recently recently LINK – a great bottle for water that we are all addicted to at my work. For haters of tap water, this filters the water, and comes in a portable size of 550ml. They do other sizes too – both bigger and smaller – and even jugs for the fridge.  At Scarlett and Jones the standard size Bobble is £10.00 with free delivery – http://www.scarlettandjones.com/waterbobble

‘Holistic Silk’ Eye Mask – £36.00 to £41.00

For anyone who reads my blog on a regular basis, the mention of my ‘Holistic Silk’ eyemask by my bed, will come as no surprise. I have worn one for years, every night, as you can see from the video blog! A good eye mask is meant to enhance your sleep, not gape, or cut in, or be more of a distraction than a help. Nothing I’ve tried comes close to rivalling this eyemask – and I have tried many. My favourite place for it is on a plane… http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/holisticsilk £41.00 http://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/holistic_silk  £36.00 (only one colour is available at the cheaper option of cultbeauty, but colour honestly matters not – this is my best friend in bed)

Elemis Quiet Mind Temple Balm – £14.00 for 15ml

I dab this behind my ears, on my earlobes, neck and wrist pulse points. I’m not going to talk too much about the balm and the room mist, because I included them in my sleep blog not so very long ago. Doesn’t mean I love them any less! My sleep is reliant rely on them! http://www.elemis.com/templebalm

Elemis Quiet Mind Room Mist – £15.00 for 50ml.

I spritz this all over my sheets and pillows before going to sleep. It has become one of my favourite scents. http://www.elemis.com/roommist

Elemis Frangipani Monoi Oil – £29.70 for 100ml.

My first ever product blog was about this oil! That’s how much I love it. Can be used all over skin, deeply hydrating, also can be used in hair, and on hands and feet. For my full original blog on it, here is the link to it, and here is the product on the Elemis website – http://www.elemis.com/frangipanioil

Oskia Bedtime Beauty Boost – £74.00 for 50ml.

I had actually thought that Oskia was exclusive to Liberty in the UK, but I have found a couple of websites, that offer free delivery, and worldwide delivery starts from £2.99 http://www.beautyexpert.co.uk  or http://www.lookfantastic.com/oskiaboost where delivery worldwide is free (currently as I type there is an offer of £59.20 on). This is a really luxurious night cream that hydrates and brightens. Helps to reduce age spots and stimulate skin’s natural regeneration process.

Superdrug Slumber Cap – £1.19

This is a very new addition, and something that I bought on a 3 for 2 offer! I like it! As I explained in the video, I think it can help to hold a style over night! http://www.superdrug.co.uk/slumbercap

Burts Bees Banana & Beeswax Hand Cream – £8.50 (at feelunique) usually £9.99

100% natural. I love the smell of banana, I know some people don’t! I used to use their Almond Milk version. Quite thick hand creams, which is why I favour them as a nighttime hand cream. http://www.feelunique.com/banana – currently free delivery too.

Malin & Goetz Candle – £37.00

Dark Rum. Such a treat, is a good smelling candle. The ‘dark rum’ was my scent of choice after much mental debate. I initially bought mine from The Bluebird on the Kings Road in London. Fell in love with the entire range. Great scents. Well packaged. http://www.spacenk.com/malingoetzcandle

Phyto Phytopolleine Scalp Stimulant – 25ml £22.50

I wrote a full blog on this amazing scalp stimulant, so for more information here is the link. To buy, I recommend the http://www.lookfantastic.com/phyto link for anyone looking to buy from outside of the UK, their international shipping policy is to be admired!

Bert –

He is not for sale, but he should be! I think that my sister should put him on ‘Not on the High Street’. I absolutely love him! Her third baby is on the way – I guess her priorities are not rice and lavender filled sleep aids at the moment…

Mavala Double Lash – £7.79 for 10ml

As I explained in the video, this is by my bed, but I am very new to using it!! Let me know if you have, and if it has helped at all. Or if there are any other lash treatments that you have tried, that have worked, or not! You apply it with a mascara wand, every night, and leave it on while you sleep – apparently for thicker, fuller lashes. I hope it works. I am a little skeptical on the lash treatments! Cheapest place to buy currently is http://www.beautybay.com/mavalalash they, like lookfantastic, offer free worldwide delivery.

I told my company manager tonight, that I was born on Good Friday, and he called me a liar. Why on earth, of all the lies that I could tell to someone that I work for, would I chose that one! 😉

Seeing as I am working over Easter Weekend,  I know many people are – and at far tougher jobs than me, I had an ESPA facial at the Corinthia Spa today in London. What an incredible experience. And what an incredible facial. Furious at myself for not taking swimwear. It’s certainly not your regular relaxation area after your treatment. I will write a blog this week about it!

Happy Easter everyone

X

beauty Blog

13 Comments on What’s By My Bed? Video Blog

1. Nuria
    April 7, 2012 at 8:22 am (8 years ago)

Very interesting and useful blog, as usual, Susie

I’ve ordered an Oskia Bedtime Beauty Boost. I’m so extremely tired and stressed these days/weeks that I hope it will make me look like a normal human being again.

Happy Easter everyone xx

2. Suzan
    April 7, 2012 at 9:27 am (8 years ago)

Hi Susie, just wanted to say that I love your blog and mostly the video blogs! Thank you for sharing your beauty ins and outs 🙂

Happy Easter!

Love from Holland,
    Suzan

3. Karen
    April 7, 2012 at 12:05 pm (8 years ago)

A few weeks ago I was waking up with very puffy sore eyes. I bought a holistic silk eye mask as recommended by you and this has made my eyes much better as well as helping me to have a better night’s sleep as the lighter mornings no longer wake me up. Another fab blog, thank you x

4. Sarah
    April 7, 2012 at 12:55 pm (8 years ago)

I really loved this post, funnily this morning i bought the Oskia bedtime boost and then enjoyed reading your affirmation that it’s a great product, I’m excited to start using it. I also just bought a Holistic Silk eye mask at a good discount from here http://www.lucileandco.com/holistic-silk-lavender-eye-mask.html and am about to invest in a water bobble.

Your blog is so great and informative, am really loving it. Would you consider sharing your lash lady in Weybridge’s details?

Happy Easter!
    Sarah x

5. Jess
    April 7, 2012 at 9:11 pm (8 years ago)

Just read your other review about the Phyto Phytopolleine Scalp Stimulant, and definitely now decided I will try it out.
    I always keep Kiehls Creme de Cops by my bed, such an amazing moisturiser to put on before I go to sleep X

6. Laura
    April 7, 2012 at 11:45 pm (8 years ago)

I remember you telling me last year before I went to Oz about the eye mask and I don’t know how I would have gone though the trip without it! One question I have is how do you wash them?

Xx

7. HH
    April 10, 2012 at 7:45 pm (8 years ago)

Great blog love it I’ve been reading since sept last year!!! Would love to read a blog on anti ageing creams and eye creams!!!! So many choices out there x but loving your blogging!! xx

8. Vanessa@Luxuria
    April 11, 2012 at 7:53 pm (8 years ago)

Great recommendations. I read on a blog only last week that Vaseline works as good as the Mavala product. I’ve not tried, but many people on this blog seemed to agree with the use of Vaseline 😉
    Certainly will try some of your recommendations as I too am a light sleeper 🙁

9. Sarah Young
    April 12, 2012 at 8:57 am (8 years ago)

Hi Susie

Love this video blog. I’ve started reading again to help me get to sleep – TVs in bedrooms are a nightmare. I’m currently reading Beryl Bainbridge, Every Man For Himself. It tells the story of the four days the Titanic sailed towards NY. Will be going into Space NK today to smell the Dark Rum candle and also looking at Burts Bees handcream. I know you did a blog about the Clarisonic Mia but I can’t find it – do you think it a good investment and can you use with all cleansers? I use Dr Hauschka cleansing cream and it’s slighly grainy. Thanks again, S.x

10. Nuria
    April 22, 2012 at 1:05 pm (8 years ago)

Back to this post to say that I got my Oskia Bedtime Beauty Boost, I’ve been using it for the last four nights and it’s wonderful! So thanks for the tip.

11. Katie butler
    May 17, 2012 at 10:24 pm (8 years ago)

Hi, with regards to your lash treatment you were going to try out I thought I’d tell you about Rapid Lash. This is amazing!

My eyelashes began to fall out (as well as my hair) once I stopped feeding my daughter. I noticed that they had become really sparse and thin. I’m lucky in that they are naturally long or were before they started to disappear. Anyway I remember reading about this serum that you paint on your eyelid line and it improves the length and thickness of your lashes. All I can say is that it absolutely works! Six weeks later my lashes are so long that they nearly touch my eyebrows and they are full and thick again.

Rapid Lash isn’t cheap, I paid £39 in Boots but it’s worked and I’m thrilled. I don’t have to resort to fake lashes, whoo hoo!

Well worth the money and the 6 week wait for the results to notice

I love your blog so much, keep up the fantastic work

Katie x

12. Ciara
    June 21, 2012 at 4:52 pm (7 years ago)

Hi Susie, loved this video, i already use an eye mask and yes your completely right they are amazing, i get mine from sliksleep.com but could you send me the website you get yours from i would love a mask with lavender in it. Also I’ve used the mavala lash for about a year now, its brillant but you have to remember to use it every single day, which does not always happen, but when i do lashes defo grow you can also use it on brows which is why i started using it. And lastly i have also used the lavender pulse oil from boots, i totally believe it helps me sleep better, love it!! Ahh bliss I’m already considering and early night after that!;) ps, love the underarm tip, very funny! X

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on What’s By My Bed? Video Blog

1. […] is the night cream that is currently next to my bed – as anyone who saw my ‘What’s by My Bed?’ beauty blog may remember. Bedtime Boost  is a truly luxurious night cream that hydrates and […]