Veet EasyWax (unthinkably easy) Good weather = Bare Skin

Roll-on Wax Veet Easy Blog

I was asked, if I was sent Veet’s new EasyWax Electrical Roll-on Kit, would I give it a try and an honest review.

I replied that of course I would give it a try, but that I wasn’t an expert, or particularly a fan of home waxing.

My friend Lucy always did my waxing when we were younger, and now that she no longer works full time, I have a really good lady called Jemima in Weybridge.

That isn’t to say I haven’t tried home waxing. I have. The pots that you put into the microwave – that you never end up using more than once – because they go everywhere, and it is nearly impossible not to burn yourself. And the absolutely useless pre waxed strips – there were some ‘Boots own’ ones that I had once that stick in my mind (thankfully they no longer do them) – clear feeble wax that literally didn’t grip anything more than dead skin cells. Every now and then I’ve done a successful home wax, but it’s always been a hassle, even down to – where do you rest the wooden stick you have applied the wax with, while applying the strip??

The EasyWax machine is ridiculously easy. You place the applicator in its holder, and plug it in for twenty minutes.

It heats to optimum temperature, and then is automatically kept at the perfect temperature. It is impossible to spill, it is impossible to apply anywhere you haven’t meant to apply it. You simply roll the wax onto the area you want to remove hair from – in the direction of the hair growth. Smooth a provided white strip over the wax – again gently smoothing down in the direction of hair growth – and then pull off in the opposite direction.

Always pull the strip off with one hand, while holding the area taut (just below the base of the strip) with the other. And always pull the strip off as close to the skin as possible – don’t pull upwards – a major ingrown hair causer.

My favourite thing is the simplicity of the system, and the minimal parts required for a successful wax – the stand, the applicator, 12 strips to remove the wax with, and 4 post wax wipes.

Review Blog

I also like that the wax has been formulated with the same ingredients as salon wax, and is packed with natural beeswax.

My problem with the product – not enough strips!! Yes you can repurchase them, but there is a lot of wax in here, and 12 strips I don’t think is enough! I’ve thought this with every home waxing product I have ever bought! You can use both sides of the strips however, but these are not reusable.

A separate refill of wax is available for smaller areas. You could switch from one to the other really easily, and back again.

Starter Kit and Wax Refill for Legs and Arms – £29.99
EasyWax Legs and Arms Refill – £9.99
EasyWax Bikini and Underarm Refill – £9.99
EasyWax Replacement Strips £ 3.49

These are all the recommended retail prices, but there are some amazing offers on it,  50% off currently at Boots, Tesco and Superdrug! When this offer ends with one, it will no doubt end with all, so possibly pointless linking all three, but here they are below anyway.

Boots Veet EasyWax – http://www.boots.com/Veet (currently £14.99 online)

Superdrug Veet EasyWax – http://www.superdrug.com/Veet (currently £14.99 online)

Photobucket

10 Comments on Veet EasyWax (unthinkably easy) Good weather = Bare Skin

1. Sally Griffiths
    March 19, 2012 at 10:32 pm (7 years ago)

When I used to be brave enough for home waxing, I used a veet/immac special roll on wax head but you put it in the microwave rather than plugging it in. It looks very similar to the picture you posted. It was easier than the tubs and spatula but I still felt that once the wax goes cold, the roll on head gets clogged and it just get really messy. Did you experience this? Or is there something that means you don’t have this problem? i.e is the wax always hot because it’s plugged in? x

March 20, 2012 at 10:37 am (7 years ago)

I didn’t use that, so hard to directly compare. But due to this being heated, and kept at it’s optimum temperature, it doesn’t clog or stick. I bet you can pick up a version in the U S of A. Sal please bring me back ‘Sour Patch’! X

• Nanna
        June 19, 2013 at 2:02 pm (5 years ago)

I have the easywax from veet, ad it clogs liek crazy. Maybe I bought a defect one, I don’t kno. The one I have doesn’t get warm enough, so the wax is sticky and patchy when it comes out. I tried waiting 25 minutes (the instructions say 20) to make sure that it was hot enough. I tried it uder my arms, where it removed about 7 hairs and a very painful subdermal hematoma. I followed the instructions thoroughly and I might just try to get a refund, because this cannot be right! It was 63 dollars here en Denmark (350 Danish kroner) so I expect it to do the job to some extend – and not maim me in the process.

June 19, 2013 at 8:00 pm (5 years ago)

That doesn’t sound right…. I once had the same problem when I didnt wait for it to heat for long enough. But it sounds like you are waiting. You should contact them x

2. Laura
    March 20, 2012 at 6:51 pm (7 years ago)

Bought it yesterday as to my delight its half price (€20) in Boots in Ireland too! Its fantastic, saves so much money compared to €30 in the salon for legs! Do agree with the comment of not enough strips in the box. I wonder would you have to buy them exact strips when repurchasing or would it work with different strips

March 21, 2012 at 10:24 am (7 years ago)

I’m going to be brave and say any strips! Although I’m not completely certain! I’m so pleased they were half price there too! X

3. Karen
    March 31, 2012 at 6:34 pm (7 years ago)

I took advantage of the half price offer and am so pleased I did. I was amazed at how easy it is to use and how effective it is. Compared with wax strips that I’ve tried previously this a much cleaner option. As you say they could include more strips in the pack but you can buy a pack of 24 for a reasonable price.

Thank you for another great blog. Am also loving your video blogs. Hope the tour is going well.

Karen x

4. Sharon
    April 4, 2012 at 1:44 pm (7 years ago)

After reading this blog I thought I’d try this as I prefer waxing to shaving and this seemed really easy to use, I went into one of the big boots stores and it cost 40 Euro which I thought was too expensive so I said I’d wait to see if it went on sale and the following day I went into a different boots store and it was on sale for 20 euro so I got it, I have to say I found a few problems with it I don’t know was it me or the machine but I followed the directions perfectly, after 20minutes of it heating I tried it and the wax wouldn’t roll on so I left it heat for another 10, I tried it again and the wax came out but very thick and messy and hard to roll onto my skin and it just pulled at my skin alot before it did, I carried on with it and it did remove the hairs but alot of the wax was being left on my skin which was hard to get off even with the wipes that come with it, Il try it again in a few weeks to see if its any better but I wasn’t that happy with it

5. Dawn
    May 4, 2012 at 11:04 am (7 years ago)

I bought this a couple of weeks ago and found it to be excellent. It needed longer than 20 minutes to heat properly but once I got the wax rolling it was fine. Superb results and not at all messy. Shame there was so few strips.

6. Anukriti
    January 12, 2014 at 3:04 pm (5 years ago)

So easy and quick..
    Ready to go out anytime! 🙂