Clinique – My Best and Worst Products

There are loads of great products that I wanted to include but didn’t – the blog was becoming a little too long – I will do a follow up to this another time.

Below are the links, details, and a recap, of the Clinique products mentioned in the video blog. Please leave me any comments of your best and worst products from the range. I love to hear other people’s preferences!

Take The Day Off Cleansing Milk 200ml £17.50 – Great for removing make up before using a cleanser

Liquid Facial Soap Mild 200ml £14.00 – I don’t like the taste or smell one bit, but skin feels fresh and not dried out

Clarifying Lotion Mild 200ml £15.00 – The only alcohol free clarifying lotion, don’t be put off by it saying ‘for very dry skin’

High Impact Mascara 8g £16.00 – Thickening, easy to apply, not work required to make an impact on the lashes

Bottom Lash Mascara 2g £11.00 – Really expensive for the world’s smallest mascara brush. I’ve always felt confident with a normal mascara brush when doing my bottom lashes, and strangely felt less confident with this.

Chubby Stick £16.00 – 8 colours, gorgeous packaging, lovely and mositurising. Here is my previous blog on them ‘Chubby Blog

Derma White Brightening City Block SPF 40 30ml £28.00 – One of my very favourite products. Slightly more yellow toned than the City Block SPF25. I have been a City Block devotee since being a teenager

Fresh Bloom All Over Colour 9g £25.00 – Makes skin radiant, perfect over cheekbones and collarbone for highlighter, or as an all over powder that illuminates the skin. Subtle and pretty. A must have in my handbag.

Long Last Glosswear SPF15 £14.50 –  I have used Clinique’s Air Kiss shade of lipgloss for many years – a little picture of it is below as I didn’t have it with me t show on the video. It’s packaging has changed a few times, but it’s gorgeous colour has remained the same.

Clinique Alcohol FreeCliniqueCliniqueClinique BlogMild Clinique

11 Comments on Clinique – My Best and Worst Products

1. Emma
    March 17, 2012 at 1:47 pm (7 years ago)

Hi susie, have you tried the new Lancôme mascara? I’m really funny when it comes to mascara and this by far is the best I have used, it’s called hypnose drama and retails at £21 I recommend this to anyone!! Xx

2. Kath McCarthy
    March 17, 2012 at 5:22 pm (7 years ago)

Really enjoyed watching your video on the Clinique products. I suffer with dry skin and psorasis so don’t tend to try new products and stick to the ones I know. I use Dermalogica as my skin care routine.
    I used to love Clinque’s Dewy Smooth foundation as this was moisturising and provided good coverage which is what I rely on. They have stopped producing this and as an alertnative I was offered supermoisture make up but while this was moisturising it didn’t provide me with enough coverage for me to be comfortable with. I now use 2 foundations blended together – Bobbi Brown and Estee Lauder – the perfect foundation seems to be alluding me! I really like Clinique’s cream shaper eye liner in starry plum and suits blue eyes well and their cream eye shadow lasted well without creasing, I notice on their website they don’t do it anymore and they have a new product lid smoothie antioxidant 8 hour eye colour which I may well try. If you have any advice foundation wise that would be great!

March 17, 2012 at 6:19 pm (7 years ago)

Well I am very impressed that you customise your foundations – I do the same! Nars have some gorgeous foundations – I like ‘sheer glow’, and Daniel Sandler’s Invisible Radiance is a new favourite of mine.

3. Nuria
    March 17, 2012 at 7:32 pm (7 years ago)

I regularly use the Clarifying Lotion and Dramatically different lotion, and love them both. I combine them with other brands, like Biotherm, Dior and my lastest find, Mary Kay.

When it was launched many years ago, I LOVED the Turnaround cream (don’t remember the complete name) but, the second time I bought it, I never felt confotable with it. I don’t know if they changed the formula or maybe my skin changed in just 4 months

4. poppy
    March 17, 2012 at 11:29 pm (7 years ago)

Im loving your videos and your beauty blog. I was wondering with your experiences with various make up artists if you would consider doing a makeup tutorial for those of us that do not have access to amazing makeup artists 🙂 I would be interested in how they advise you to put on makeup!

Keep up the good work 🙂

5. Trish
    March 18, 2012 at 7:54 pm (7 years ago)

What’s your opinion on mxing face products? is it best to use products from the same line or is that a marketing selling point? x

March 20, 2012 at 10:39 am (7 years ago)

Rightly or wrongly I am a mixer! I think if someone enjoys a product range, it is fabulous to be consistent, and the products compliment each other but I see no harm in some careful mixing! Providing a cleanser and exfoliator aren’t both exfoliators for an example of what I mean by careful! X

6. Sarah
    March 20, 2012 at 10:49 am (7 years ago)

Hi Susie, I’m really enjoying your blog! I’m just wondering what are your thoughts on Clinque’s ‘dramatically different moisturizing lotion’? I’ve tried it and wasn’t particularly impressed, however I may just be expecting too much from the name?!

March 21, 2012 at 10:27 am (7 years ago)

I assume you probably used it alone as a moisturiser? WHich is what I always did. Apparently it is intended as a drink for the skin underneath something such as their ‘Moisture Surge’ – that is what I was told at the Clinique counter in Selfridges anyway! If that is the case that isn’t particularly well advertised! It is literally their best seller worldwide I know people love it, but I wonder how many people use it in that way

• Kate Martin
        March 22, 2012 at 12:15 pm (6 years ago)

Hey! Bizarrely the woman in Boots in Kew told me this the other day.Oh dont use it alone she told me! In all my visits to Harrods Selfridges and Brown Thomas over the years etc no one has EVER told me this at a Clinique counter !! Never!! K x

7. martha
    August 24, 2012 at 11:08 pm (6 years ago)

that blush looks so prettyyyyyyyy