Product of the week – Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blush

Photobucket

I have been a fan of this Daniel Sandler blusher for many years now. I am also a huge fan of Daniel’s. I was lucky enough to work with him on a photoshoot years ago – I think his range was coming out around that time, and I’ve loved his products ever since.

Firstly this blusher lasts – when you apply it it doesn’t sink into the skin as so many blushers do – it stays all day, this is due to it’s silicone content. It is in liquid form, you only need a couple of drops. It’s oil free, doesn’t clog pores and contains both nourishing Vitamin E and Jojoba.

I’ve never tried the ‘Watercolour Brush’ that goes alongside it, although I’ve just been reading very good reviews about it online. I have always applied it with my fingers. I put a couple of drops on the back of my hand, and apply directly to the apples of the cheeks.

Because of its consistency, it looks incredibly natural. It looks great over foundation, or on bare skin.
It’s not suggested to do so, as such, but I often put it on my lips too. This product won Best Blusher 2010 at the Cosmopolitan Awards, so I’m not alone in thinking it’s fantastic.

I have broken down the shades very briefly here, there are much more detailed descriptions of them at the websites recommended below.

Cherub – My personal favourite. Sheer, pastel pink that’s perfect for fair to medium skin tones that want a flush of colour

Gentle – Sheer, nude beige and peach. Perfect for fair to medium skin tones.

Flush – Great for fair to medium skin tones.

Spicey – A mix of sheer terracotta plus a pink shimmer for medium to dark skin tones.

Dare – A rich ruby red – ideal for darker skin tones. There is no shimmer in this shade

Truth – Barely there nude, peach shade. Brightens pale skin, but good for fair to medium skin tones that get high colour. Helps to disguise skin that reddens easily rather than accentuating it as most blush colours would.

Icing – Suitable for all skin types as a highlighter. Cheekbones, eyelids, browbones. I often highlight very slightly down the centre of my nose too

I just emailed a lady at Daniel Sandler to check on stockists, and she said they would happily send a blusher to one of my subscribers in the shade of their choice, so maybe leave a comment below on what your ideal shade would be and I will get her or my sister to pick one.

The price for Daniel’s Watercolour Blush is £15.50 for 15ml.

To buy

Escentual – HERE

Cult Beauty – HERE

Look Fantastic HERE

Just on a side note, all I’ve been wearing today is a bikini, sunscreen, and Daniel Sandler Watercolour in ‘Goddess’ – a shade that I don’t this is available any longer- bring it back!! The article below is old – I’ve loved this blusher a very long time…

Photobucket

22 Comments on Product of the week – Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blush

1. Sophie
    September 16, 2011 at 7:52 am (7 years ago)

Sounds fab, I would like one! 😉

2. princessemsy
    September 16, 2011 at 7:54 am (7 years ago)

As a devoted Laura Mercier girl, it takes a lot to tempt me away, but this blusher sounds amazing! I would love one in Cherub! Hope you’re enjoying Thailand – it’s an amazing country. Loving the blog too!

3. Nicky
    September 16, 2011 at 8:51 am (7 years ago)

Hi Susie, thank you so much for this brilliant article about Daniel Sandler’s Watercolours the shade in ‘Goddess’ is a shade exclusive to QVC and it’s always a sell out shade, glad you love it too. Please ask your sister to contact me in the office when she has picked the luck recipient of the Watercolour blush and Waterbrush (which can be seen here – http://www.danielsandler.com/products/) Have wonderful time in Thailand, love, Nicky xx

4. Sherrie
    September 16, 2011 at 9:42 am (7 years ago)

Hi – love your blog and the black and white photos, very subtle..love it! 🙂 I would love to try Truth…I always struggle with blusher, I have got early stages rosacea and am very self conscious of my cheeks. I’ve tried some Mac blushers but they tend to wash me out, so this sounds fab! Have an amazing trip and if you get a chance go to the Alila Hotel in Hua Hin…best massge of my life, I spent the whole week either in the Spa or on the beach! x

5. michelle
    September 16, 2011 at 9:48 am (7 years ago)

I’ve been looking for a new blusher to try after years of using MAC, and this one sounds amazing.
    I would like to try one in Dare.
    Great blog x

6. Ciara
    September 16, 2011 at 10:51 am (7 years ago)

I am loving your blog so far Susie and jealous of your adventure!!

I would love love love to try Cherub please 🙂

7. Sue Madelin (@SueMad)
    September 16, 2011 at 1:25 pm (7 years ago)

This couldn’t have come at a better time as I’ve been looking for a good blusher for a while. I like the liquid ones so will be trying this out very soon. Great blog, love it. x

8. Vic
    September 16, 2011 at 6:51 pm (7 years ago)

I have just ordered truth and cherub from the website (and invisible blotter powder just slipped in too..) Normally I just go for powder blushes, generally benefit or chanel, so liquid is a whole new world for me. I am loving the blog and the frequent posts.. thank you!

I would love to try gentle as i normally go for pinky shades and rarely experiment with peach.

9. Laura Finnegan
    September 16, 2011 at 6:51 pm (7 years ago)

It invention of a liquid blusher sounds fantastic! I like the sound of the “Gentle” shade as I love Peachy blushers because my skin is extremely fair! X

10. notanothermummyblog
    September 17, 2011 at 9:47 am (7 years ago)

Ooh, this products sounds brilliant. I’m a bit lazy when it comes to cheeks, and tend to brush some bronzer on all year round (which I’m told isn’t a great look in the depths of winter when there’s not a hint of sun in the sky!)

But you’ve got me interested in this… and I was expecting it to be really expensive, but it’s quite reasonably priced.

I just need to decide between Cherub and Gentle…

11. Le Smurf
    September 18, 2011 at 5:48 pm (7 years ago)

I’m also a cherub fan (not an actual cherub though). The blush is such a lovely consistency but alas I cannot find a stokist in Ireland. I save it for good use.

Blog is so lovely Susie. Wishing you the very best of luck with it. Have a great time in NZ and tell that man friend of yours to keep up the good work. X

12. Poppy
    September 19, 2011 at 6:28 pm (7 years ago)

Im going to try truth I think. Im not usually a fan of blusher but this Daniel Sandler product sounds perfect.

13. notanothermummyblog
    September 21, 2011 at 12:30 pm (7 years ago)

I LOVE my job. After seeing this, I’ve been planning on buying some, but then spotted some in my office (shade: Pop) and the lovely beauty girls said I could have it. I’m far too excited about this x

14. Sally Griffits
    September 22, 2011 at 1:55 pm (7 years ago)

ah this is a good one Suse- now the winter is soon to come I am already finding the bronzer is looking rather heavy on my paling skin so turning to blusher already. My Nars powder blusher is nice but I like the idea of the liquid that stays on your skin all day, possibly makes your skin a bit more dewy looking rather than powdery? Oo Loving your blog suse and if i’m lucky enough to be picked for the blusher I’d love to try “gentle”. That’s if i’m not too late! xx

15. Catherine Hay
    October 1, 2011 at 9:54 am (7 years ago)

I went to buy this at Harvey Nics Manchester in the cherub shade but a lady from Urban Retreat said they only stock a small selection of Daniel Sandler products now which doesn’t include this 🙁 it sounds brill though. I normally use NARS blush in orgasm but canfind it a bit drying, even on oily skin so can’t wait to try this! x

16. kara
    October 5, 2011 at 9:35 am (7 years ago)

Hi amy, just stumbled across your blog, Your definately a girl after my own heart, serious product and make up junkie!! LOVE IT!! Ive been hearing fantastic things about daniels products in particular his watercolour blush, so would love to be able to sample out one in the shade cherub. I think im going to order one in POP also! see im such a sucker for make up!!

• Heidi
      October 5, 2011 at 9:48 pm (7 years ago)

Loving the blog would love to try either POP or truth have to try it!!
      I use Armani bronzer but no sun about now and can look a bit stupid!!

Thanks xx

17. Sharon O Connor
    December 9, 2011 at 3:19 pm (7 years ago)

I’m constantly trying to get the perfect blush that doesnt cake that blends well and looks natural this sounds great! I’ve oily skin so this sounds perfect for it, would love to try it in either cherub or gentle please!!

18. Cath Keeble
    March 5, 2016 at 3:52 pm (2 years ago)

They sound amazing. I like the sound of gentle and truth x

3Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Product of the week – Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blush

1. […] blusher back in September 2011, and talked through the colours available, so for more information click here. This product lasts and lasts on the skin. It is a runny liquid that, as shown in the video, is […]

2. […] been a huge fan of Daniel Sandler’s. I mentioned in a previous blog, that I did about his Watercolour Blush, he did my make up for a photoshoot a few years ago, and that’s when I discovered his […]

3. […] The blusher bottles contain 15ml and cost £14.50. Here is my previous blog, and run down of all of the fabulous ‘Watercolour Blush’ colours – LINK […]